Pan London School Admissions
Making school admissions in the Capital fairer
Aim: Working alongside the Online Schools Admissions National Project, this project is developing a centralised pupil admissions and transfer system together with a local admissions system for each London Borough with the publishing of an XML schema.
Project outcomes: Specific products and services that the project aims to deliver include:
- a pan-London centralised pupil admissions and transfer system;
- an agreed scheme for co-ordination of the primary to secondary school transfer process across 33 London and eight neighbouring LEAs;
- a support organisation framework for managing and administering the delivered system;
- lessons learned from running a co-ordinated admissions scheme;
- in conjunction with DfES, agreed XML schemas for transferring admissions data between systems/authorities.
Project partners: The project is being led by Wandsworth, with input from the 41 participating LEAs.
Project status: Development phase.
Key contact: Carl Flaxman, Programme Manager. Tel: 020 8871 7861. Email: [email protected]